Monday 21 October 2019

F4Thought #120 - The Road Not Taken

#F4Thought #120 ~ The Road Not Taken

#F4Thought #120 ~ The Road Not Taken ~ what kind of person do you think you would be, or what would you be doing now, if you had taken a different road?


Some very emotive themes were bought up for last weeks topic of moments and memories. I was grateful that Melody was choosing the spotlight with so many great entries to chose from.

Spotlight Post #119 ~ by Melody

The 'Memories' prompt for #F4Thought was one I was going to sit out. So I was delighted to be asked to
the road not taken
#119 Spotlight Post
take part by picking the spotlight post.

The posts were as varied as I hoped for. Some memories being tough, others poignant and some being more whimsical. I don't look at this as picking a winner, it's too subjective for that. When it comes to choosing a post it boils down to the very intangible 'how did it make me feel?'

To this end I've chosen "These Moments In Time" by Submissy. It reminded me just how much the big things depend on grasping and enjoying the little things that can seem inconsequential and in doing so brought a big smile to my face.


"The moments made are the little things, the things that we could easily do without, those moments in time that, once passed, will never be thought of again. They are insignificant to the turning of the wheels of life but so important nonetheless. Without them, something never-known and never-missed is lost. With them, something undetectable and unquantifiable is gained. It is a strange irony but I have tried to grasp those thoughts and make them moments in time, for from those small gestures, larger things are born." READ MORE...

Prompt #120 The Road Not Taken

 


This weeks topic was inspired by a post of Swirlys. I too can relate to a time when I knew I was at a junction in my life. Which road or door should I pick?

This poem by Robert Frost highlights that kind of situation very well. Here are a couple of verses.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;



Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same.

What I would really like to know is -
  1. what kind of person do you think you would be,  
  2. or what would you be doing now, if you had taken the other road?


You may relate to this if you have seen the movie Sliding Doors.


I find this a very challenging question. So please feel free to simply write about a time when you were faced with such a choice, as well and how you made your decision. 

Here are some guide questions.

may more sex matters
May Asks...
  • How many times have you found yourself at a junction in your life? 
  • What helped you choose the road/door you decided on? 
  • Do you ever think about what you would be doing if you had chosen the other path? 
  • Tell us about that other you who picked the other route.

Many Thanks to Annie Savoy for use of her image for the prompt header.

Please remember to comment on other peoples work and link up with one of our badges.


I asked Floss how much she follows her gut intuition when making important decisions.


I follow my gut instinct virtually all the time when making almost all my choices in life. Sometimes even when my gut is telling me a decision will end in tears, I often know that means it will be a fun adventure until it all goes wrong. So even in those cases, it’s my gut instinct leading me to make my choice. 


Here is a late entry from Posy Churchgate that didn't make the linkup...


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

Featured

F4Thought #146 - Lockdown

#F4Thought #146 - Lockdown - Currently we are experiencing an unprecedented situation as most of the world is involved in some kind of lo...