Friday 16 August 2019

F4TFriday #111 - Round Up

F4TFriday #111 - Round Up
#F4TFriday #111 - Round Up

The prompt Words to Live By from Floss has really got so many of you thinking. We'd particularly like to welcome all those bloggers who have linked up for the first time. Great to have you as part of our growing community.

The task of choosing the spotlight post is mine this week. Floss and I agreed sometime ago that if the F4tFriday entries reached 25 we would have a top three roundup. So I am very happy to say here it is!

** 

Yesterday I tagged Zebra Rose in a tweet regarding F4tFriday hoping she would join in. I am so glad she did. Her post is candid, open and honest. The words she lives by are Never Assume ~

“I need these things explained to me; being autistic, I find the neurotypical world of unspoken convention, double-meanings and social cues to be very difficult to navigate. I’ve learned a lot of rote responses and these days I am comfortable with asking for clarification, but back then….I assumed that what was said is always what was meant, that authority equated to wisdom, that I was some kind of freak for the vast gulf between my feelings and the apparent expectations of others.READ MORE...

**

Posy is known for her erotic fiction but I am so glad she has been writing some factual posts over the last month. I have been enjoying them immensely. This one is a well thought out personal post explaining why her Words to live by are, Life is not a dress rehearsal

“It’s true that ‘Time Waits for No Man’. If you waste or defer the opportunity to experience something, that door may close and you may never be in a position to try again. I’m not advocating doing things which are dangerous – risking health or your financial security – but calculate the risk. Should you really wimp out / let this pass you by?” READ MORE...

**

As soon as I read this from Kurvy Kinkster I knew if I got to do a top three it would be in the mix. Like Kurvy I am a great believer individuality is a strength even if being ourselves means sometimes having to find the courage to stand alone ~

"Well, recently I came to the realization, lightbulb moment, that I am not like them and I don’t write like them. I am my own person, write my own way and in my own style. I will never be like another person because I am who I am, not them. Makes sense, right?" READ MORE...


may more
Round Up by May More

Once more thank you to everyone who has contributed this week and I do hope you come back and take part again – all the time in fact ;-)

#F4TFriday #111 - Round Up
#F4TFriday #111 - Round Up
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

F4Thought #146 - Lockdown

#F4Thought #146 - Lockdown - Currently we are experiencing an unprecedented situation as most of the world is involved in some kind of lo...