Saturday 21 September 2019

#SOSS - A F4Thought Special

#SOSS A F4Thought Special
#SOSS - A #F4Thought Special
As you all know we took a break from Food for Thought this past week to allow us to begin again on Tuesday 24th September with a new schedule. The last 15 weeks of hosting F4Thought has been incredible and we have been overwhelmed with the support you’ve all shown us and your willingness to get involved. 


Each week we feature a spotlight post, or three if we get above 25 entries to any given prompt. Choosing those spotlight posts each week wasn’t always easy because quite often we really loved more than one post. Also because we take turns in choosing we don’t always have the same favourites. So May came up with a fabulous idea that would allow us to share more of the posts we loved.

 


A special Food for Thought #SOSS. We originally intended to pick five posts each, but we loved so many that we have sixteen posts that we’d like to share with you. None of which were spotlight posts on the weeks they were submitted. 

It's also worth noting that many of our posts overlapped and we had to do a little bit of back and forth to decide which of us offered up which posts. Suffice to say we both wholeheartedly love all your posts. These ones, the spotlight posts and every single post you have taken the time to share with us, it has been an incredible 15 weeks and we cannot wait for more.


Floss Thought These Were Fabulous


Room 101 by Missy

'I have noticed as well, that this unwritten hierarchy seems to surround types, or roles, as well as kinks. While all kinks may be acceptable, some are definitely seen as being better than others. For example, while most forms of impact play are fully accepted within kinky circles, age play can lead to a lot of challenging questions and dismissive statements. So, if it was up to me, I would banish these passive aggressive hierarchical comments to Room 101, and leave them there to gather likes on their own.'


Repeating The Same Mistakes by Deviant Succubus


'Long prelude, eh? I wanted to show that I am so very much aware of why I make the same mistakes over and over. My self-awareness has not stopped me from doing that mistake, though. It is like a switch is pulled in my mind, and I just automatically get silent and take all the blame. I still don’t know how to stand up for myself or how to speak up. Let me give you a few examples.'
'I remember the awkwardness of goodbye and the way he handed my phone back after typing in his information. Somehow, I fumbled on the screen and the option came up to delete, not save. I hit delete. He was standing there and I could have said, “oh…..” but I didn’t, I said nothing. I sat next to a friend of his on the flight and the whole time I thought, “I can just ask for Shai’s number” but I didn’t. I went home and I cried for two days while I read a book I’d bought that last day about a girl who drowned. I told myself that if it was meant to be, we would meet again and then I planned in my mind how I would try to find him if it came to that.'




'Telling someone how you feel, I decided, just gives them ammunition with which to hurt you. Better to keep your mouth shut, go with the flow, and never let yourself get attached. If you don’t care so much, then you won’t feel so bereaved when things end. But, inevitably, one of the big contributing factors to these endings was my inability to engage in conscious communication with another human being.'


Off Centre by Kisungura


'It’s not that I thought I had to be perfect, more that I felt the weight of responsibility on me and in responding too keenly, for too long, I lost my hold. When I feel this level of demand, like a tsunami rising to engulf me, I crazily rise higher in a bid to regain a sense of control when really I should relinquish my grip on perfection as I’ve been trying to and admit I need help.'




'When you meet my brother for the first time you get the happy, smiling goof-ball. He makes jokes and tells stories. You get the outer shell of a man. If you need anything he is right there to help you. If you have questions about something and he doesn’t know he will research it until he does. When he isn’t drinking he is a pretty great guy. This is what you see and what you get when you meet the brother I remember.'


Freaks Deserve Happiness Too by Francesca Demont 


'I’m just a girl, a freak, a pervert, who refuses to let society tell me what’s right and what’s wrong when it comes to my personal life. That doesn’t make me smarter, braver, or in any way more special than the next person. All it does is allow me to be myself. If I can pull just a few people along to go out on a limb and do the same, if it’s their thing, great.'


The Sounds of Our Life by Annabel Lee

'With music always being a constant, it’s not surprising when random songs get stuck in your head. I find this happens to me a lot. A song I don’t even remember listening to will all of a sudden be running through my mind and I will start singing it out loud. There’s nothing wrong with that, right? It’s completely normal, random songs popping into your mind out of the blue. Well I thought so anyway.'


May Thought The Following Were Magnificient


Room 101 by Melody Insights

'Personally I always liked the DSM-V definition that had me defined with a mental disorder for which there is no known cure.  It’s a kind of brutal truth but it put a lot of things in perspective for me because the only way to deal with it was to accept it and own it.'


Modestly Grown Up by Modesty Ablaze


'I wanted to be either, an Astronaut . . . the first woman in space . . . Yes, I really, really did!!! Or . . . I wanted to be a Nurse . . . helping people relieve their aches and pains. . . which I have had much more experience with over the past few years!'


Near Miss … by Sweetgirl


'So in light of this seemly boring beginning I thought I would veer off on a slight tangent and have a chat about the number of times when I am out riding my gorgeous motorbike that I experience cars pulling out on me. The British police have a name for this type of incident when a collision occurs the SMIDSY, or, Sorry Mate I Didn’t See You.'


Photography by Molly Moore


'The quick glance up my skirt, my cleavage in my best bra, me laying in the bath, my face moments after I have come while the after pulses still throb inside me. I want to share that moment, that part of me with someone but quite often those images, snatched in the moment, the epitome of a selfie, turn out to be some of the best images I put my name too.'




'As we grew up, we were encouraged to open our minds, read extensively and explore our bodies to an extent that had Catholic parents crossing themselves in horror and issuing strict instructions to their offspring to not mingle with 'that loose-moraled lot from the next street over.'


Taboos by askmefast


'Casual sex, would probably still be a taboo area for me, but onside of that, there are more possibilities open to me. Looking back over my life, I would say that there was a suppressed kinky side to me, a side that never got the opportunity for expression. This has changed over the past 10 years, writing and meeting like minded people has expanded my mind.'


I Don't Know! By Bluesubmission


'I wanted to start the blog because I saw this community, this group of people who were like me in many ways, and I wanted to be a part of it... I liked you all from afar and I wanted to be your friend, I wanted to learn from you and share with you. So, I walked out onto the playground and stuck out my hand and said “Hi, I’m blue!” It’s a hard thing to do as an adult, to put yourself out there and try something completely foreign.'


The Link by Cousin Pons


'He swayed and rocked in torment and anguish. Cursing and spitting he fell to his knees. The two men rushed to try and save him from smashing his head on the flagstones but they were too slow. Mr Linklater’s head cracked open like a split coconut and his blood seeped into the sawdust that was scattered on the floor.'


***


We hope you take some time to visit at least of few of these awesome posts and soon we will have a new batch of Food for Through posts for you to read because the new prompt goes live in just a few days. The prompt is #Me Too - What does the #metoo movement mean to you? It’s a big topic, but we know you will produce some amazing posts for it. 


Also don’t forget to grab yourself one of our new badges, seen at the top of this post, and found on our About & Badges page. Our new badge was created by the talented and wonderful Violet Fawkes. We thoroughly recommend her services for any graphic design needs you have, she also created the logo you see alongside Floss’ picks. 


One final thing before we wrap up this epic #SoSS post … don’t forget to get in touch with us if you have any ideas for future Food for Thought prompts. Or if you’re a regular participant who would love to choose the spotlight post/s. We would love to have more of you get involved in these ways and we can’t wait to hear from you.



3 comments:

  1. Some wonderful posts . . . and fun photos . . . amongst all of these.
    And I'm sure there will be many more in the weeks to come!!!
    Xxx - K

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea, and a fantastic collection. Thank you so much for including me ��

    ReplyDelete

Featured

F4Thought #146 - Lockdown

#F4Thought #146 - Lockdown - Currently we are experiencing an unprecedented situation as most of the world is involved in some kind of lo...