Friday 13 September 2019

F4TFriday #115 - Round Up


#F4TFriday #115 - Round Up
#F4TFriday #115 - Round Up

Normally we just choose one spotlight entry if there are less than 25 links to Food for Thought. This week we received 20 amazing posts and because we don't have the next prompt until the 24th – details coming shortly – I realised I would need to do a separate post anyway, so you know what? I have three in the spotlight! But I've not told Floss because the first one is hers.

Spotlight Round Up Week #115


F4TFriday #115 - Round Up
Mays Round up #115


When I read the post from Floss about music, first love and heart break it catapulted me back to my teenage years and threw up all kinds of emotions. I wanted to hug the young Floss and tell the heart-breaker that she was making a big mistake. The Soundtrack to First Love...



I cleared her from my surroundings but she was wedged into my heart and my mind like a knife, I couldn’t free myself from her and I just wanted to lie in bed with the hope that it would all just switch back to how it was if I didn’t move my life on too much. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep and it seemed to hurt to breathe. I wanted her back so badly it physically hurt. READ MORE...

**

In this post Julie goes into wonderful detail about the music that has featured during her life up until now.  Each time I read one of her posts I learn so much about her and her Master. I particularly enjoyed the section about live music in this article. Music – The Food of Love...


I had the bug and we went to lots of smaller concerts and then later on Robbie Williams also at Knebworth. In the main, I would never turn up the chance of live music even if I wasn’t sure it was to my taste. The experience and anticipation of being in the same room, hall or field with the musicians is something I love. READ MORE

**


Many of you follow Vlad Lioncourt on Twitter. He doesn't have a blog, so when he expressed an interest in writing a post regarding a particular song that has almost been the soundtrack for his life, I offered to host it for him. And I'm glad I did. The words he has written send out a very positive and powerful message. The Fighter Remains...



At one time or another, almost all of us have experienced anger, shame, hurt and pain. It can pull a person into a pit of mud and it can keep a person there if they are not careful. However, even with help, at the end of the day it all depends on perseverance, inner strength, and staying true to yourself and your beliefs. Fighting on while ignoring every scar in your mind, body and/or soul.

The message is pure and simple: Leave the pain behind, but always keep the fighter. READ MORE

** 

Please take a look at all the wonderful links to Music On, World Off.

F4TFriday #115 - Round Up


We return to Food for Thought on Tuesday the 24th. Look out for a post over the weekend letting you know about the time span changes to the meme.

Thank you all for your support. It means so much to Floss and me.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this theme. As someone who grew up with music being a foreign language, and lyrics mostly being part of the tune, it was great to read quite a few of the entries and get much more into the lyrics and what they mean to everyone who wrote. I haven't made it through all the entries, but this is definitely a place to come back to, at least for me. Thanks to everyone who posted on this theme, from someone who didn't, but benefited greatly.

    ReplyDelete

Featured

F4Thought #146 - Lockdown

#F4Thought #146 - Lockdown - Currently we are experiencing an unprecedented situation as most of the world is involved in some kind of lo...